Laurier Gordon Ramsay Evacuated Opening Night


MONTREAL — The Laurier Gordon Ramsay restaurant team has issued an apology to customers following an opening night evacuation.

“On the evening of Wednesday, Aug. 10, Laurier Gordon Ramsay experienced a malfunction with its sprinkler equipment, and the restaurant was evacuated. The situation is under control. The restaurant experienced very limited damage,” reads a statement on the Laurier website.

“The inspection of the sprinkler equipment will continue on Thursday morning, with updates to follow. Laurier Gordon Ramsay apologizes to all affected customers, and will issue updates as they become available”.

The Laurier is celebrity chef Gordon’s Ramsay first Canadian restaurant. It’s a new take on the iconic Rotisserie Laurier BBQ, which operated in the same location for 75 years.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.