TORONTO — Freshii has announced the launch of PLATES — its answer to “what’s for dinner?” The introduction of a dinner-focused offering is in line with the brand’s mission to help customers live better by making healthy food convenient and affordable.
Freshii wants to be part of the “new normal” that communities around the world are facing, and with changing consumer behaviours, is evolving to develop its menu with entry into dinner.
“For over 15 years, Freshii has been a market leader in the bustling lunch daypart with our salads, bowls, burritos, wraps and more,” says Veronica Castillo, VP of Marketing at Freshii. “As our customers continue to work from home, the introduction of a dinner-focused menu felt natural and important to our business.”
PLATES is being tested at select locations in the Greater-Vancouver Area, with the intention of rolling out the product lineup to other markets in the future. Freshii developed five chef-designed entrées that are crave worthy and nutritionally balanced. Each PLATE is sold for $13.99 and includes one protein, one base and two composed sides, inspired by different cuisines from around the world.
- Moroccan Tahini: This vegetarian power-plate features hints of tahini, turmeric and lime in the new Moroccan Carrot Salad and Turmeric Jewelled Rice.
- Mexican Chimichurri: Boasts creamy Mexican street-corn salad, warm Mexican black beans and a Chimichurri sauce with a kick.
- Homestyle Honey Dijon: The best of summer packed with classic picnic favourites, such as the new bacon-broccoli crunch salad and beet-and-goat-cheese salad, topped with a zesty honey-Dijon sauce.
- Mediterranean Pesto: This PLATE includes kale Caesar salad, Mediterranean chopped and pesto sauce.
- Sesamii Teriyaki: This sweet and savoury plate features the new Crunchy Peanut Broccoli Salad, kale-and-mango slaw and sweet-and-tangy teriyaki sauce.
In addition to individual PLATES, customers have the option to bundle their PLATES with Energii Bites or chips and salsa; or select their desired proteins, bases and sides individually to build their own family-style meals to share.